Saturday, October 15, 2011

In the Waiting Line




As many of you know, I wrote a book. A novel to be exact. And now that I have an agent I am waiting to get word that it will be bought by a publisher and I'll be on my way to holding a copy of my book in my hands, which I must say will be well manicured for the occasion.

I was asked to write a piece for the wonderful Jungle Red Writers blog about what the wait is like, and would love for you to read it!

Deciding at this stage of life, mid-life, to do something so risky is scary. I lie awake some nights thinking I should have taken a different path, a more secure one, but something keeps me going, a drive, ambition and passion for what I do that won't allow me to stop.

I will either end up losing everything, or have the best story to tell when it's my turn to no longer be the journalist interviewing the writer, but the subject of the story instead. I am praying for the latter.

Life, I believe should be lived with passion. To do less than live your dreams is a slap in the face to the gift life is. We need to honor our goals and desires to create the life we were meant to and want to live.

When I was a life coach I worked with my clients on helping them to uncover what it was they wanted their lives to look like. I have tried to do the same with myself, not always so successfully because, well, it's a bit harder to be objective.

As much as I love others in my life, I have to live my life for me. To do otherwise would make me unhappy and make me less in my roles as mom, sister, friend or partner for someone. To be good for others I need to be right with myself.

So, I am bumbling along, perhaps really screwing it up, but I don't have any regrets (yet) because I know for life to be well lived you have to be authentically you. Be true to yourself, I believe, and the rest will work itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment