Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Biggest Lie

Women have been selling each other a big pack of lies for a long time and it's time to stop.

In an effort to be kind we do just the opposite by not telling each or ourselves the truth. Yeah yeah yeah... we all read the book or saw the movie, we all know the dreaded words... "He's Just Not That Into You." But the thing is we don't hear them and can't say them.

A friend told me today that she had been quite blunt in a conversation with another friend telling her what she'd wanted to say for a while - he doesn't love you.

We lie to our friends and tell them things to comfort them - he's probably working a lot, he lost your number, he's scared because he likes you so much... All lies. It's really not that complicated - if a guy wants to be with you he will be.

I have spun myself many a tale of fear of getting close, fear of commitment, being stressed and confused. All because I couldn't face the fact that the guy I wanted to be with didn't want to be with me. At least not as much as I wanted to be with him.

I used it as a theme in my book, "The Best Worst Year," my protagonist struggles with the guy who won't let her in. She wastes a lot of time and tears by denying the truth. A guy who loves you introduces you to friends, takes you places and includes you in their life.

Bottom line - if a guy wants to be with you, if he loves you, there's no doubt about it. It's time we stop lying to ourselves and each other and face the truth. It's really pretty simple.




No comments:

Post a Comment