Saturday, April 14, 2012

Le baiser de l'hôtel de ville

This may seem like a very odd post, but it is famed photographer Robert Doisneau's 100th birthday. This famous photograph is one of my all-time favorites.

Why? Well hello, who doesn't like kissing?! Second, it's taken in Paris, again, who doesn't love Paris? And finally, it's the sweetest photo I've ever seen. It's romantic, it's pretty and it's in black and white - something I love.

I have nothing particularly impressive to say, except, sometimes it's really nice to take a moment to appreciate something beautiful like a photograph. I know I get awfully busy and have to remind myself to take the time to notice the pretty all around me. And it is all around.

And, you never know, maybe seeing a kiss like this (I didn't mean to rhyme) will inspire you to share a kiss of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment